photo cr: jonnyfromthephone @ Flickr
2t sesame oil
1/2 pound of pork stew meat, cut into cubes or strips
1 package of firm tofu, cut in cubes
2 – 3 cups of fermented kimchi
2t soy sauce
1t chopped green onion
1. Heat the sesame oil in a dutch oven on medium heat, then saute the pork.
2. Add the kimchi and saute for five minutes. If you want really spicy jjigae, add some of the leftover juice from the bottom of the kimchi jar. Pour in enough water to cover the kimchi and pork mixture, plus one inch or so.
3. add tofu, soy sauce and sugar.
4. Boil it for twenty minutes, add green onions, and cook five minutes more.
5. Serve with steamed rice.
photo cr: jamiefrater @ Flickr
1.5 LBs shank
1 green onion
1 bulk of garlic
2/3 Cup soy sauce
1/3 Cup sugar
1. Soak the beef in cold water for 1 hour to drain blood
2. Boil beef, green onion, garlic, onion and jalapenos in 4 cups of water for 1 hour.
3. Boil 6 eggs and peel shells off
4. Take out cooked green onion, garlic, onion, halipinos from the pot and tear the beer off into thin strips.
5. Add eggs, soy sauce, and sugar to the pot and boil them for 1 hour in low heat.
6. Cook it down a bit and serve with rice.
Sesame Leaf Kimchi
photo cr: as stated in the picture
Fresh sesame leaves
Minced garlic 1T
thinly sliced Korean green pepper 1T
Soy sauce 1T
Chili powder 1T
Anchovy sauce 4T (You can get a bottle of anchovy sauce from any Korean grocery store)
1. Wash sesame leaves and drain water
2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and make a sauce
3. Spread the sauce on a sesame leave
4. Place one leave by one and spread the sauce between.
5. Put them in a container and keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
7. Serve them with rice.
Lotte World is a major recreation complex in Seoul, South Korea. It consists of the world’s largest indoor theme park (a Guinness World Record) which is open all year around, an outdoor amusement park called “Magic Island”, an artificial island inside a lake linked bymonorail, shopping malls, a luxury hotel, a Korean folk museum, sports facilities, and movie theaters all in one place. Opened on July 12, 1989, Lotte World receives over 8 million visitors each year and is considered along with Tokyo Disney Resort as one of the world-class theme parks in Asia.
Someday, I will be able to visit this land.
IS USING WHOLE CHARACTERS TOO MAINSTREAM FOR YOU
WELL HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION!!
introducing: the world of extreme-shorthand korean slangs
- ㅇㅇ = yeah
- ㄴㄴ = no no
- ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ = well this is awkward.
- ㄱㄱ = start! go!
- ㅎㅎ = haha
- ㅋㅋ = lol
- ㅋㄷ = giggle
- ㅅㅂ = ssibal = fuck, shit
- ㅂㅂ = bye bye
- ㅠㅠ = sob
- ㅡㅡ = wtf brO
- ㅈㅂ = please
- ;; = awkward
Wishing Rock @ Korean temple Gyungju
I really hope I can find these in the States! Obsessed!!
I MISS THESE!! ):
aka the Most Awesome Library I’ve ever seen, and lol I’m saying this even if our library back home is topnotch. It just doesn’t compare. Let me countdown the reasons:
1. Awesome Seat Reservation System- To get a seat in this library, you have to reserve one. There is this unique reservation…